Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love mushrooms!!!! This is from Sunset magazine and is easy to prepare. Use any combination of mushrooms you'd like. This works well as a side dish.
- 8 ounces dry linguine
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth (can sub veg broth)
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (or more)
- 1 lb assorted fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- For mushrooms:.
- Trim and discard tough or discolored stem ends and any bruised spots or blemishes from mushrooms.If using shiitakes, remove the entire stem.
- For firm mushrooms, remove any dirt with a damp cloth.
- For delicate mushrooms with lots of placed for dirt to hide, submerge in a bowl of cool water and move w/ hand to loosen any dirt particles.
- Slice large, fat mushrooms about 1/4 inch thick and cut thin ones into bite size pieces; leave small ones whole.
- Pour olive oil into a 12 inch frying pan. Add mushrooms, shallots, and thyme and stir often until mushrooms are browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For Pasta:
- in a 5 to 6 quart pan over high heat, bring water to boil. Add linguine, stir, and cook until barely tender to bite, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Add broth and whipping cream to sauteed muchrooms in pan over high heat and stir until mixture is boiling.
- Add drained pasta and stir until hot. Pour unto a platter or dinner plates.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheeses to taste.