1/3 Photos of Mushroom Crust Quiche
Serve this quiche with a fresh fruit for a wonderful meal. For something different, you can change up the cheese -- Monterey jack with green chilies, diced ham with Cheddar or bacon bits, sauteed onions and Jarlsberg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 9 inch pie pan and set aside.
- 2Melt 2 tbsps. butter over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the garlic powder, mix well.
- 4Add the mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 5Add the cracker crumbs and mix well.
- 6Press the mixture over the bottom and up the side of the prepared pan.
- 7Melt 1 tbsp butter in the same skillet used for mushrooms.
- 8Add the green onions and saute until soft.
- 9Spread over mushroom crust.
- 10Sprinkle the Swiss cheese over the green onions.
- 11Combine the cottage cheese, eggs and cayenne in a blender and process until smooth (you can also use a stick blender).
- 12Pour over Swiss cheese.
- 13Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 15Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Crust Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.1
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.0 mg
- Sodium 281.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.8 g