Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are mini mushrooms tarts that are absolutely delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 48 slices bread (recipe below for toast cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Melt butter in saucepan. Sauté mushrooms and onions until tender and mushroom liquid has evaporated. Blend in flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Divide mixture evenly among toast cups. Bake 24 at a time in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley to serve.
- Toast Cups: Brush melted butter over slices of bread that have been cut into 3 inch circles (use a cutter or cup). Press into buttered muffin tins (small size). Brush with more butter and bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes or until crisp. Remove from pans.
I really liked them but they weren't as popular as I thought they would be. I was told "too mushroomy"... go figure.