Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm not exactly sure where I found this recipe, but has become a family favorite. Everyone who I've served it to, ask for the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup crabmeat, defrosted and well drained (canned works well too)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 24 medium mushroom caps
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine together cream cheese, crabmeat, almonds, butter, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in a bowl. Season to taste and stir in bread crumbs.
- Remove the stems from mushrooms and cut thin slices from the rounded side of the cap, to make sure it stands securely. Fill each cap with 1 to 2 tsp of the crab mixture.
- Place in 4 individual baking dishes. Combine the butter, lemon juice, rind and parsley and season well. Drizzle ¼ cup of butter mixture over each dish of mushrooms.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until caps are cooked.
Thank you Thank you....I first found this recipe in the LCBO Food and Drink magazine in 1999, I think...I used it several times and then lost the book...the only LCBO magazine that I cannot find in my collection...of course...it is outstanding...I do lots of mushrooms on a baking sheet and serve them at my annual Christmas party at home...always get rave reviews...I recommend using the almonds....