1/1 Photo of Mushroom Broccoli Cups
From Quick Cooking Nov/Dec 2003 submitted by L. Senuta. Usually I only post recipes I've tried but I need to save this recipe for a party coming up soon in 2008. Let me know your thoughts if you make it. *^*^*^*^*^* Edited April 2009.... I have made this recipe now and Sharon was correct.... it was lacking something as is so I've adjusted the recipe in a few ways. First use a firm wheat bread - gives it more depth of flavor. Then saute the veggies first. I've also added a clove of garlic while sauteeing - that gave it more of a burst of flavor. I hope you like the outcome now that it has been tweaked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 slices wheat bread
- 1 large egg (whole)
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1With a rolling pin, roll bread flat; cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter. (Save leftover bread scraps for another use - like making bread crumbs.).
- 2Press bread rounds into miniature muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Broil 6 inches from the heat until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4Cool in pans on wire rack.
- 5Saute the broccoli, mushrooms and onions with the clove or garlic, together in a bit of olive oil till just tenderized - do not over cook this.
- 6In a bowl, beat the egg, egg white, milk, parsley, salt, baking powder, thyme, and pepper.
- 7Stir the broccoli, cheese, mushrooms and onion into the egg mixture.
- 8Spoon about 1 heaping teasponful into each toast cup.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Broccoli Cups
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 240.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g