Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Both really good ways to eat spinach! Romaine lettuce can be substituted if it's more readily available, cheaper, or just more to your liking.
- 6 cups spinach leaves, washed, torn and lightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (or chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup commercial coleslaw dressing (No-Name brand from Superstore or Extra Foods is best, if you can get it.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Assemble salad.
- If using Dressing #1, add a few rings of red onion to salad, if desired.
- If using Dressing #2, add drained mandarin orange segments to salad, if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad or serve beside.