Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend Christine brought these to a Party at my house and she graciously shared the recipe with me. I served them the next week at a dinner party and had rave reviews. They freeze very well.
- Chop mushrooms in a food processor until finely minced.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat melt butter add mushrooms and onions.Cook stirring often until mushrooms are soft and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and season to taste. allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whisk eggs and cream together and add to cooled mushroom mixture.
- Spoon mushroom filling into tart shells and top with Asiago cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until pastry is browned and filling puffs up a little.
Was about to post this recipe then found it here. This recipe comes from the cookbook Anna & Michael Olsen Cook at Home. Exact same ingredients(except they call for 2lbs of mushrooms) and directions. They have wonderful flavour & presentation for any special event. May be baked in advance, chilled & reheated in a 325F oven for 12min. Michael puts in the book that you can also had a few drops of truffle oil in the mushroom mix prior to filling the tarts. He says the scent as the bake will drive everyone crazy!