Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very nice low cal soup. Great with grilled cheese for lunch.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finly chopped
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- in large pot saute first 4 ingredients in oil til they start to sweat.
- add garlic and broth.
- simmer 20 min.
Love this. It's cheap, tasty, and healthy. Sometimes I use vegetable broth and swiss chard ribs in place of celery. Another variation I like is garnishing with parmesan flavored croutons or making a side of pearl barley.