Recipe by Patricia J.
Something different to serve instead of potatoes or rice. I like to serve this as a side for chicken, roast beef or even pork.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 3 cups barley
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the chopped onion and chopped celery in 1/4 C butter or 1/2 stick.
- Add 3°C barley and brown slightly.
- Butter the casserole dish with the remaining butter or margarine and pour in the chicken broth (2 cans) and 1 can chopped mushrooms.
- Add sauteed barley and vegetable mix.
- Bale 350 degrees F. for 1 hour -1 hour 15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the barley is tender.