Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is sooo spectacularly nice, I have never had a bolognese ever come close to competing with this one, I think it is in the technique, Mum likes to cook it for as long as possible. sometimes she adds 3 carrots and a green capsicum cut up and a lot!!! of red wine for taste and cooks it about 3 hours for perfect results
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- olive oil
- 1 pinch mixed herbs or 1 pinch oregano
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 carrot, grated (or more if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- you also need 1 big jar of dolmio sauce.
- put oil, garlic and onion in bottom of saucepan.
- gently fry until the onion goes clear.
- put mince in and brown it.
- once browned add dolmio sauce, pinch of mixed herbs or oregano if you don't have any.
- add a good splash of worcestershire sauce.
- let bubble away for about 1 hour.
- stir occasionally.
- while cooking add grated carrot.
- get a deep pot of water.
- add a pinch of salt.
- add spaghetti and cook as directed on packet.
- drain out leaving a tsp water in the bottom.
- add a splash of olive oil to stop it from sticking and toss.
- place spaghetti in bowls and top with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and if your like me, you will like it with grated cheese.