1/1 Photo of Mum's Spaghetti Bolognese
1 hr 15 mins
Perfect Pixie's Note:
This is sooo spectacularly nice, I have never had a bolognese ever come close to competing with this one, I think it is in the technique, Mum likes to cook it for as long as possible. sometimes she adds 3 carrots and a green capsicum cut up and a lot!!! of red wine for taste and cooks it about 3 hours for perfect results
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1you also need 1 big jar of dolmio sauce.
- 2put oil, garlic and onion in bottom of saucepan.
- 3gently fry until the onion goes clear.
- 4put mince in and brown it.
- 5once browned add dolmio sauce, pinch of mixed herbs or oregano if you don't have any.
- 6add a good splash of worcestershire sauce.
- 7let bubble away for about 1 hour.
- 8stir occasionally.
- 9while cooking add grated carrot.
- 11get a deep pot of water.
- 12add a pinch of salt.
- 14add spaghetti and cook as directed on packet.
- 15drain out leaving a tsp water in the bottom.
- 16add a splash of olive oil to stop it from sticking and toss.
- 17place spaghetti in bowls and top with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and if your like me, you will like it with grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mum's Spaghetti Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 63.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: