Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A favourite winter drink
- 2 (750 ml) bottles merlot
- 3 cups orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 36 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3⁄4 cup water
- In a large stainless steel stockpot, combine all ingredients.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to very low and keep warm for about 30 minutes to let the flavours blend.
- Strain out the cloves and the cinnamon before serving.
- Ladle in to heatproof cups.
This is the best spiced mulled wine I tasted! I made this for every holiday party and it was a huge hit with everyone!!
My wife was having trouble sleeping, so I made this recipe as a nightcap for her one night, and she slept like a baby. It also very simple, and tastes absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this.
The idea here and the choice of juices/ratio between juices are perfect... but I scaled way back on the juices and sugar and it still tasted amazing. Also omitted the water and took away a few of the cloves (that's a lot of cloves).