Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is an adoptee from the RecipeZaar account, and I haven't tried it yet. I will repost here when I have tried the recipe.
- 2 medium red bell peppers, roasted peeled, and seeded
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Puree until almost smooth.
- (A few small chunks of walnut is OK).
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- If desired drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with pita bread.
so delish and unusual.
I've eaten this in Syria and loved it there
now I serve it often right her in new york
I've never made this before so I had to buy everything for it. I found the pomegranate molasses at Wholefoods. I made it as listed and then added more chili (a dash or two.) It probably needs to double the chili to balance the sweetness. Also, it made more like 2/3 of a cup rather than 1.5 cups. Next time I will double it.
Loved it! Didn't have pomegranate molasses, so substituted with 2 tablespoons of %100 pomegranate juice and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Sweet and worked really well with the red peppers.