Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been trying to find a ranch dressing recipe that I like that doesn't contain the free glutamate found in msg and soybean oil. I really like this blend, although it is pretty thick for a salad dressing.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in medium sized bowl with a whisk. Taste and adjust spices to your tastes.
- For a thicker dip, use less cream and more sour cream.
Easy to whip up! It has a good flavor. I used it in Bob Evans Sausage Cups. I made a second batch using skim milk instead of the heavy cream and found that it made it a bit more "salad dressing" like in texture, and the flavor was still good. Thanks for sharing!