Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
[you can also use rum if you prefer] these are SO chocolate-y (and yes, so bourbon-y)... i'm not a drinker even at age 54, but the mother of a best friend made these at Christmas and i can STILL remember eating Way Too Many of them...
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar (for coating)
- Stir evaporated milk, chocolate chips and corn syrup in a 2 quart pan over low heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in bourbon [add one tablespoon at a time the first time you make these so you can flavor it to YOUR taste] and 1 cup powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and mix well.
- Add vanilla wafer crumbs, about 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Shape with wet hands into 1-1/2 inch balls.
- Roll balls in 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- You can use rum OR rum flavoring, if you don't like the taste of bourbon - it's just as good.