X in Bayside, NY's Note:
Given by Mrs. Sporaccio - who makes a mean sauce!
My Private Note
pot of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute garlic in a little bit of oil but don't brown it.
- 2Add the puree and then mix the water in the can to dissolve all the remaining puree and add to puree.
- 3Add all the spices and seasoning.
- 4Cook on medium for 1/2 hour or until it comes to a boil.
- 5Add spices to taste.
- 6If you want to cook meatballs or sausage in it, add meat after the 1/2 hour and turn down to between medium and low (slow boil) and cook for 90 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. S's Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 299.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: