Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Given by Mrs. Sporaccio - who makes a mean sauce!
Make and share this Mrs. S's Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Saute garlic in a little bit of oil but don't brown it.
- Add the puree and then mix the water in the can to dissolve all the remaining puree and add to puree.
- Add all the spices and seasoning.
- Cook on medium for 1/2 hour or until it comes to a boil.
- Add spices to taste.
- If you want to cook meatballs or sausage in it, add meat after the 1/2 hour and turn down to between medium and low (slow boil) and cook for 90 minutes.
This was easy to make. I loved the flavor the fresh basil gave the sauce. I also used my tomatoes from the garden and doubled the recipe since I have so many tomatoes outside. I only added 3 cups of the water but wish I added less. The sauce was runny and we like ours thicker. So next time, I'll use 1 cup water and if needed I'll add a couple of teaspoons of Clear Jel to help thicken it. Made for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup 2008* game