Recipe by icetea
soft and very chewy.
Top Review by cindy_d
OMG.. GREAT COOKIE.Im not a big peanut butter lover but these were outstanding.. I dont know what some of you were doing wrong but mine came out perfect, i did use 2 1/2 cups of flour, a whole 16 oz jar of crunchy peanut butter and a half teaspoon of baking powder. They baked for 18 minutes exact. I got almost 5 dozen out of the recipe and they were very chewy and thick. the family loved em. I will never make another peanut butter cookie recipe, This is my go to recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- On medium speed, in large bowl, blend sugars; add butter, mix till grainy consistency. Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla extract; beat till fluffy. On low speed, add flour mixture until barely mixed into butter mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Use a wet or flour coated fork to gently press a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
- Bake until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned, approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Remove to cool on a flat surface.