Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mrs. Clark was my sister's MIL and if you like the vinegar type of coleslaw, this is for you. No cooking, no sealing - use in a week. Although I make it every year for a Company potluck picnic, I've never measured the quantity it makes or timed the preparation so I've guessed. I only know that I never bring any back home.
- 2 heads cabbage
- 8 medium carrots
- 12 medium onions
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 8 cups vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 6 cups sugar
- Chop all vegetables- hopefully, you have a food processor.
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl- and I do mean LARGE- with salt and combine well.
- Let mixture sit for an hour, rinse, then drain well -- I put batches into a colander and press hard to remove liquid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
This is delicious! I cut the recipe down to 3 servings. The vinegar looked like a little much so I cut that in half and used some red cabbage along with the green. Thanks for a good recipe!