Top Review by danlynclark
My husband and I really loved this dish. We followed yooper's suggestion and used a tomato sauce instead of the chili sauce. Plus I completely omitted the nutmeg. I loved the idea of using biscuit mix for the breading on the chicken breast. I pounded the chicken breast thinly. Also, the biscuit mix did not stick very well, so I dipped the chicken in milk first, next time I will dip in egg and milk. We really loved it and will definatelymake it again.
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch pan lightly.
- Mix the biscuit mix with the parmesan cheese and all the herbs and spices.
- Put min into a plastic bag,add.
- chicken and shake to coat evenly.
- Place the chicken,skin side down in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and spread with the chili sauce,dividing evenly over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes longer.