Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe found on another cooking site. Great with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 2 cups of the mushrooms in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Dip chicken breasts into beaten eggs, then roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat butter or olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Brown chicken (approximately 2 minutes per side) in skillet. Place browned chicken in baking dish, on top of mushrooms. Sprinkle remaining mushrooms on top of chicken, then top evenly with mozzarella. Pour broth in pan around chicken.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
We really enjoyed this chicken. I used a mixture of button, shiitake and portobello mushrooms which gave the dish a rather rich quality. Also added a layer of sliced garlic as suggested in another review. I think a variety of cheeses would work well with this recipe, DH suggested hot pepper! Thanks
This was positively delicious! For such a short list of ingredients, the end result is a fantastic and flavorful dish. I really love mushrooms, and I thought they were a perfect addition to this dish. Thanks for a great recipe, Muffin Goddess. Made for 2014 Culinary Quest (Italy)
The chicken with the mushrooms and cheese is great. Great flavor. But there was too much liquid waste. So another time, I may omit the chicken broth or use less. Because the mushrooms lose their water when cooking. The seasonings were perfect. Thanks Muffin Goddess :) Made for PAC Spring 2012