Recipe by Muffin Goddess
This is an adaptation of a recipe found on another cooking site. Great with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Paka
We really enjoyed this chicken. I used a mixture of button, shiitake and portobello mushrooms which gave the dish a rather rich quality. Also added a layer of sliced garlic as suggested in another review. I think a variety of cheeses would work well with this recipe, DH suggested hot pepper! Thanks
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 2 cups of the mushrooms in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Dip chicken breasts into beaten eggs, then roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat butter or olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Brown chicken (approximately 2 minutes per side) in skillet. Place browned chicken in baking dish, on top of mushrooms. Sprinkle remaining mushrooms on top of chicken, then top evenly with mozzarella. Pour broth in pan around chicken.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.