Recipe by Slatts
I have been serving this appetizer to friends and family for years. These are all my favorite flavors wrapped up in one. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Top Review by KissKiss
Very flavorful especially considering the small number of ingredients. Might be worth mentioning that a decent amount of salt is needed, since fresh mozzarella is fairly bland. I made this for ZWT5 Jammin' Java Jivers and will definitely make again. Thanks, Slatts!
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small chunks
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with half the olive oil.
- Place a small amount of peppers on each slice of bread.
- Top each slice with a fresh mozzarella.
- Salt and pepper the breads to taste and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese begins to brown slightly.
- Serve immeadiately.