Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been serving this appetizer to friends and family for years. These are all my favorite flavors wrapped up in one. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small chunks
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with half the olive oil.
- Place a small amount of peppers on each slice of bread.
- Top each slice with a fresh mozzarella.
- Salt and pepper the breads to taste and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese begins to brown slightly.
- Serve immeadiately.
Very flavorful especially considering the small number of ingredients. Might be worth mentioning that a decent amount of salt is needed, since fresh mozzarella is fairly bland. I made this for ZWT5 Jammin' Java Jivers and will definitely make again. Thanks, Slatts!
We loved these!! They were the perfect accompaniment to Creole Jambalaya. I never used olive oil on my toast before,and this was GREAT. I like the way it doesn't make your bread so crunchy, yet it gives just the right amount of "crunchiness" to the edges. We were discussing how this would be a great thing to bring to bar-b-ques or potlucks. Made for ZWT5 and the GROOVY GASTROGNOMES.THANKS!!
Hi there! :) I was on my own last night for dinner, so I made your recipe. I made it for 2 servings and used a french roll as I didn't have a baguette. Everything was the same except my mozz was shredded and I added a bit of garlic powder. Thank you so much for the easy, great recipe.