Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This recipe is inspired by some of the hummus recipes found right here at Recipezaar. We loved the recipe #90910 by kburie and adapted it to suit our own tastes. Thanks also goes to Becka for her recipe #73859. If you like roasted red peppers then this one's for you! Note: We like to put the hummus into 3 separate covered dishes so we can quickly & easily serve it as an appetizer along with raw veggies, pita wedges or crackers. This keeps it fresh and readily available for when we have guests over or a sudden hummus craving!
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons water, as needed
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers (about 1/2 pepper)
- Place all ingredients except the roasted red pepper in a food processor.
- Process until beans are fairly well chopped, about 2-3 minutes, scraping sides every minute or so to ensure all the spices get included.
- Coarsely chop the roasted red pepper and add to bean mixture. Process an additional 2-3 minutes depending on how creamy you like it.
- Place in a glass container and cover tightly.
- Refrigerate several hours to allow the flavors to develop.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have fallen in love with making homemade hummus as an inexpensive, delicious and healthy snack. I'm always looking for new ways to make it more interesting and this recipe looked good. OH MY!! This is just wonderful! The only adjustment I made was I only used about 2 tsp of Cumin. Thanks for a keeper!Reply