Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Goes so well with cheese dips, sourcream or sauce! Try replacing dill with dried basil, thyme or fenugreek leaves for variation of hearty aromas!
Top Review by Is This Really Necessary
Quite nice, but next time I am going to try them with less egg, which made it a bit heavy. It's better to add the dill at the last possible moment instead of mixing it through the batter.
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and grated
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cracker meal
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dill
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the eggs, cracker meal, onion, salt, and dill.
- Set aside.
- Squeeze the grated potatoes in a clean towel.
- until dry.
- Add to the mixture.
- Heat a light coating of oil in a heavy flat bottomed pan or griddle.
- Pour 2-ounce ladles of the mixture to the hot oil and flatten a bit.
- Brown on both sides (about 2-3 per side).
- Serve warm.