Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Goes so well with cheese dips, sourcream or sauce! Try replacing dill with dried basil, thyme or fenugreek leaves for variation of hearty aromas!
- Mix together the eggs, cracker meal, onion, salt, and dill.
- Set aside.
- Squeeze the grated potatoes in a clean towel.
- until dry.
- Add to the mixture.
- Heat a light coating of oil in a heavy flat bottomed pan or griddle.
- Pour 2-ounce ladles of the mixture to the hot oil and flatten a bit.
- Brown on both sides (about 2-3 per side).
- Serve warm.
Quite nice, but next time I am going to try them with less egg, which made it a bit heavy. It's better to add the dill at the last possible moment instead of mixing it through the batter.