Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Orlando, Florida publishes a cookbook to benefit school children. Restaurants and Florida celebrities contibute recipes. Here is one from Mowtown Cafe at Universal Studios. This recipe features salmon steaks cooked and basted with a delicious BBQ sauce. The BBQ sauce for the salmon is sweet and tangy. Enjoy!
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 4 ounces honey
- 2 1⁄2 ounces liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 ounces mango puree or 6 ounces mango juice
- 2 1⁄2 ounces light brown sugar
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 3 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- BBQ Sauce: In a sauce pan combine chili sauce, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add lemon, Tabasco sauce, pepper flakes, and mango puree.
- If using juice boil and reduce to half first and then add.
- Simmer sauce for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and chill.
- Salmon: Preheat a medium saute pan and add olive oil.
- Cook salmon for on one side for 3 minutes.
- Then turn over and lower heat, cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Baste with BBQ sauce and heat through until done.