1/1 Photo of Moroccan-Spiced Chicken Paillards
Nana Lee's Note:
Slightly sweet, tangy, and spicy all at once, the easy sauce doubles the flavor of quick-cooking thin-sliced chicken breasts. Gourmet, Quick Kitchen, February 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Cooks' note:.
- 2Some sliced chicken breasts may not be of an even thickness. If necessary, put each paillard between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with flat side of a meat pounder until about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Special equipment:
- 4A well-seasoned large (2-burner) ridged grill.
- 5Prepare grill pan and start sauce:.
- 6Heat grill pan over moderate heat until hot.
- 7Meanwhile, simmer all sauce ingredients except butter in a 1-quart saucepan, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Set aside while cooking chicken.
- 8Make paillards:.
- 9Cook cumin, paprika, and pepper in oil in a small skillet over moderately low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl, reserving skillet for sauce (do not clean).
- 10Brush some spiced oil on 1 side of each paillard, then sprinkle with some salt. Arrange 2 paillards on grill, oiled sides down, and brush tops with some of spiced oil, then sprinkle with some salt.
- 11Grill 2 minutes, then turn over and grill until just cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
- 12Transfer to a platter and cover with foil. Grill remaining paillards in same manner, transferring to platter.
- 13Finish sauce:.
- 14Pour sauce through a medium-mesh sieve into reserved small skillet, discarding solids. Add any juices from chicken accumulated on platter to sauce and bring to a boil.
- 15Remove from heat, then add butter and swirl skillet until butter is just incorporated. Season sauce with salt and spoon over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan-Spiced Chicken Paillards
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.7
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 142.3 mg
- Sodium 853.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 41.7 g