Pesto Baked Chicken With Fresh Asparagus
photo by Walmart
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice boneless skinless chicken breasts in to ½-inch wide pieces. Place on an aluminum foil-covered baking sheet. Brush each piece with pesto and sprinkle Italian breadcrumbs over the top. Mist with olive oil cooking spray.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus, and lay the stalks out on a second baking sheet. Mist with olive oil cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven at the same time, with the chicken on the middle rack and the asparagus on the upper rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the asparagus is tender but still crisp.
- This dish was created by Walmart Mom, Tara Kuczykowski.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!