Recipe by FloridaNative
The spicy coating caramelizes slightly during cooking, enhancing and mellowing the flavor mix. From EatingWell magazine, May/June 1995. NOTE: Dietary Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat Preparation time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Chef Jean
This was a great recipe. I used recipe#422399 , but used less spice so my three year old could eat it too. I don't feel like we missed any flavor with less heat, but I'm sure it's great with the spicyness! The whole family loved it! Made for PAC spring '11.
- 3 tablespoons moroccan mixed spice (Moroccan Spice Mix, #422399)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (about 4 breasts)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil (for cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend Moroccan Spice Mix and oil in a shallow bowl. Pat chicken dry and dredge in the spice paste, turning to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferrably 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken breasts until cooked through and juices are clear, about 4-6 minutes per side.