Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The spicy coating caramelizes slightly during cooking, enhancing and mellowing the flavor mix. From EatingWell magazine, May/June 1995. NOTE: Dietary Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- 3 tablespoons moroccan mixed spice (Moroccan Spice Mix, #422399)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (about 4 breasts)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil (for cooking)
- Blend Moroccan Spice Mix and oil in a shallow bowl. Pat chicken dry and dredge in the spice paste, turning to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferrably 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken breasts until cooked through and juices are clear, about 4-6 minutes per side.
This was a great recipe. I used Moroccan Spice Mix , but used less spice so my three year old could eat it too. I don't feel like we missed any flavor with less heat, but I'm sure it's great with the spicyness! The whole family loved it! Made for PAC spring '11.
Loved this chicken! Pretty spicy, which is how we like it, but loved the combination of the other spices with the heat. I did use your Moroccan Spice Mix and thought it was terrific - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6, Zwizzle Chicks
Who knew DH would eat Moroccan? Was enjoyed by all and DH has requested that we have this again soon! Made for Queens of Quisine ZWT 6 Kitchen Gadget challenge.