1/4 Photos of Moroccan Lemon Chicken With Olives
1 hr 20 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This North African recipe was taken from the internet & tweaked slightly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, medium, peeled, quartered
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled, minced
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of, minced
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1In food processor, finely chop onion & garlic.
- 2Dredge chicken in flour.
- 3In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, then saute chicken & onion mixture until mixture has softened, about 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in 1/2 cup water, the saffron, ginger, cumin, paprika, salt & lemon zest.
- 5Bring to boil, then reduce heat & simmer, covered, 35 minutes.
- 6Remove chicken from sauce & allow to cool a few minutes.
- 7Cut chicken into small pieces, then put meat back into sauce.
- 8To the sauce add lemon juice, olives, cilantro & pepper, & simmer gently 5 minutes.
- 9While chicken is cooking, in a medium saucepan bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil.
- 10Add couscous & bring back to a boil, then remove from heat & allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- 11Spoon chicken mixture over couscous & serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lemon Chicken With Olives
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 510.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of