Slow Cooker Chicken With Olives
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 chicken legs with thigh, skin and fat removed (about 3 lb.)
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a 4-1/2 quart crock pot. Mix well.
- Add chicken, stir until well mixed.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat setting for 5 hours or LOW heat setting for 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender and potatoes can be easily pierced.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Remove excess fat on the chicken before adding to the post.
- I made 1/2 the recipe with success.
Join The Conversation
This was a really tasty dish. I liked it a bit more than my husband but we both enjoyed it. I used boneless/skinless chicken breasts, and 5 small potatoes. I doubled the garlic and cooked with frozen chicken breasts on low for 5.5 hours and it was perfectly cooked. I served this with a side of pasta to serve the sauce over (since my kids don't like potatoes). The smell while it was cooking was wonderful. Will make this one again. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!