Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Tender lamb fillets coated with Moroccan spice, panfried and served with a tomato vegetable sauce on a bed of couscous. Adapted from a recipe from the Simply Great Meals Recipe Club website.
- 600 g lamb fillets
- 2 teaspoons moroccan mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes, coarsely chopped, with 11/2 cups juice
- 1⁄4 cup frozen baby peas
- couscous, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the lamb with Moroccan spice. Heat the oil in a pan, add the lamb fillets and cook until the lamb is cooked as desired. Remove the lamb to a warm serving plate.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper and carrot to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and juice, and the Baby Peas, stirring to combine. Cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce onto the prepared couscous. Cut the lamb into slices and serve on top of the sauce.