Sesame Chili and Parsley Crusted Lamb Fillets
- Ready In:
- 4 lamb fillets (about 200g each)
- 3⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine sesame seeds, chili flakes and parsley in a bowl.
- Combine lamb fillets in a large bowl with the oil.
- Place lamb one at a time in sesame seed mixture and coat each fillet all over.
- Cook either on a lightly oiled grill plate, fry pan, or on the BBQ until browned on both sides and cooked as desired. Cover and stand 5 Min's then slice thickly.
- I served mine over fruity saffron rice, but it also goes well with a crisp green salad topped with tomatoes and bocconcini.
Join The Conversation
This is another really quick recipe to make with the end resulting in a lovely tender lamb fillet. I cooked this in a frying pan but this could also be cooked on the BBQ. I do not like my lamb overcooked and like it pink in the centre. I cook mine about 5-8 Min's a side depending on the thickness. I then cover it and let it stand for a further 5 Min's, this additional standing time cooks the lamb just the way I like, but cook as you prefer. I served mine with French Tart's Recipe#208297 which went really well with this.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>