Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posting this for ZWT 2006. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds like a good recipe for those nights when you are too busy to get into cooking yet want something with a good flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 cups hot cooked rice or 2 cups bulgur wheat
- Brown meat in a large skillet over medium high heat; add onion and cook until tender; drain.
- Add tomatoes, apricots, raisins, cinnamon and cloves; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired; add banana and heat through; serve over rice and garnish with plain yogurt and chopped peanuts if desired.
This was really quick & easy to put together. The flavors were fabulous. My kids called it Moroccan Hamburger Helper, lol. Made for ZWT3.
The recipe was pretty yummy. The banana was an unexpected yet appreciated twist. A yogurt-salt-cilantro garnish went very well.