Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Swordfish is a great fish for grilling. This preparation is particularly tasty. Couscous with grilled veggies make a good side.
- 4 swordfish steaks, 8-12 oz. each
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the swordfish steaks in a shallow baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika, cumin, cayenne, salt, and black pepper until completely emulsified. Stir in parsley and cilantro. Set aside 1/2 cup of the marinade. Pour the remaining marinade over the swordfish in the baking pan, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Turn the swordfish over in the pan halfway through marinating.
- Grill the swordfish until the flesh flakes easily, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Spoon the reserved marinade over the cooked swordfish, and serve immediately.