Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Fresh tasty Salad ideal as a side dish for a Barbecue.
Make and share this Moroccan Fennel Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons limes or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 small fennel bulbs
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress
- arugula leaf
- butter lettuce (to serve)
- Combine orange juice,lime juice,salt and pepper.
- Whisk in 3 Tbls olive oil and set aside.
- Quater the fennel bulbs length wise and slice thinly.
- Place in a bowl and add the sliced onion and radishes.
- Toss in some of the dressing,then add the watercress and rocket.
- Serve the salad on the butter lettuce.
- Looks very pretty served in individual glass bowls.
Healthy and delicious! The dressing takes the sharp edge off the radishes and onion, and brings everything together. I went ahead and added the orange segments to the salad after grating the rind. I served this over the watercress, but omitted the arugula and butter lettuces.
So good! Super easy. I made it for a dinner party and received rave reviews. I couldn't find watercress the first time I made it, I used arugula and butter lettuce for the greens and it was just fine.
I didn`t have radish so it was skipped. I used a vadalia onion. I added 2 Clementine seperated the segments. Lots of flavor and texture.