From Cooking Light. Great sweet and salty mix! To cut down on the sodium, I reduced the amount of salt and replaced half of the chicken broth with water. I used about 1/2 green olives and 1/2 kalamata. Plus the dried fruit adds fiber to this meal!
- 14.78 ml olive oil, divided
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced
- 177.44 ml dried mixed fruit
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 118.29 ml fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 59.14 ml green olives, pitted and chopped
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and thyme evenly over chicken.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan.
- Add onion to pan; saute 2 minutes until tender.
- Add garlic to pan; saute 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan (fruit, wine, broth, olives, salt, and pepper); cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- When there was still some liquid left in the pan, I threw the chicken back in to warm through and soak some of the flavor.