A tiny bit of saffron lends an incredible and unique flavor to this otherwise ordinary dish.
Make and share this Moroccan Chicken W/ Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into 1-inch pieces 3/4 c white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 0.25 ml saffron
- 0.59 ml cumin seed
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground red chili pepper
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml brown rice
- black pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In medium skillet, heat oil.
- Brown onions & garlic then transfer to large saucepan.
- Brown chicken in skillet (will not be cooked through) and transfer to saucepan.
- Add to saucepan all other ingredients except rice & corn starch.
- Bring to boil then reduce and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add corn starch a little at a time & stir until thickened to desired consistency.
- Spoon over bed of rice & serve!