1/5 Photos of Moroccan Chicken Thighs With Chickpeas and Raisins
If you love foods with flavor then you will love this recipe! the spice amounts are only a guideline you may adjust to taste, this will work well using any part of the chicken :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 tablespoons oil
- 4 lbs chicken thighs (skin on)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (can use more)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dark raisin (or to taste)
- cooked rice
- 1In a large heavy saucepan (I use my electric frypan for this) heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Season the chicken with salt and pepper the brown well on both sides; transfer to a plate.
- 3Add in onions and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes, then add in cumin, turmeric, paprika and cinnamon; cook stirring with a wooden spoon for about 1 minute.
- 4Stir in broth, honey, lemon zest and flour; stir to combine.
- 5Then add in the browned chicken; simmer covered for about 15 minutes.
- 6After 15 minutes of cooking add in the raisins and continue to cook (UNCOVERED) until the chicken is completely cooked through (about 15-20 minutes).
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Remove the chicken to plate/s.
- 9Add in the chickpeas and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Thighs With Chickpeas and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (820 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1331.2
- Calories from Fat 741
- Total Fat 82.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 382.0 mg
- Sodium 1183.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 88.7 g