1/5 Photos of Moroccan Chicken Thighs With Chickpeas and Raisins
If you love foods with flavor then you will love this recipe! the spice amounts are only a guideline you may adjust to taste, this will work well using any part of the chicken :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 tablespoons oil
- 4 lbs chicken thighs (skin on)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (can use more)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dark raisin (or to taste)
- cooked rice
- 1In a large heavy saucepan (I use my electric frypan for this) heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Season the chicken with salt and pepper the brown well on both sides; transfer to a plate.
- 3Add in onions and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes, then add in cumin, turmeric, paprika and cinnamon; cook stirring with a wooden spoon for about 1 minute.
- 4Stir in broth, honey, lemon zest and flour; stir to combine.
- 5Then add in the browned chicken; simmer covered for about 15 minutes.
- 6After 15 minutes of cooking add in the raisins and continue to cook (UNCOVERED) until the chicken is completely cooked through (about 15-20 minutes).
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Remove the chicken to plate/s.
- 9Add in the chickpeas and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Thighs With Chickpeas and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (820 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1331.2
- Calories from Fat 741
- Total Fat 82.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 382.0 mg
- Sodium 1183.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 88.7 g