You gotta love how the taste of cinnamon and ginger complements this stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 2 inches long, peeled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup couscous
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
- 1Place flour in a wide, shallow bowl.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- 3In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high.
- 4Add chicken, and cook until browned, 4 to 6 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
- 5Add onion, ginger, and cinnamon to pot.
- 6Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Return chicken to pot. Add broth, sweet potatoes, and, if using, saffron.
- 8Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 9Discard ginger and cinnamon.
- 10Stir in lemon juice, and season stew with salt and pepper.
- 11While stew is simmering prepare couscous according to package directions.
- 12Serve chicken stew with couscous; garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Stew With Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 131.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: