I haven't eaten a lot of Moroccan food, but this looks great. From Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces long-grain rice
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups leeks, thinly sliced well-washed
- 12 dried apricot halves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup orange section
- 1In medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil; stir in rice and saffron.
- 2Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 20 minutes, until all water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 3Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 4Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil; add chicken.
- 5Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, 8 minutes, until browned on all sides and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with fork.
- 6Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- 7In same skillet, combine leeks, apricots, cumin, cinnamon and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes, until leeks are softened.
- 8Add tomatoes and broth; bring liquid to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 3 minutes, until mixture is heated through.
- 10Return chicken to skillet; stir in orange sections.
- 11Cook, turning chicken occasionally, 3 minutes, until chicken is heated through.
- 12Spoon warm rice mixture onto serving platter.
- 13Top rice mixture with cooked chicken breasts; surround chicken with vegetable mixture.
- 14SERVING (1 CHICKEN BREAST, 3/4 CUP RICE, 3/4 CUP VEGETABLE MIXTURE) PROVIDES: 1/2 Fat, 1 Fruit, 2 Vegetables, 3 Proteins, 1 1/2 Breads, 5 Optional Calories.
- 15PER SERVING: 406 Calories, 5 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 66 mg Cholesterol, 125 mg Sodium, 58 g Total Carbohydrate, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 32 g Protein, 93 mg Calcium; 8 points.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken on Saffron Rice (Ww)
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 109.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 32.7 g