Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
I love iced coffee in hot weather. But I do NOT care for sweet things in the morning so the vanilla-infused version that is my favorite doesn't suit that time of day. It took some experimentation, but I've come up with a tasty version of iced coffee that works properly as a morning, wake-me-up drink. The minimal amount of Splenda mellows the flavor without making the drink taste sweet. Prep time does not include brewing the coffee. Best to do that the night before.
- 8 -10 ounces double strong coffee, cold (I prefer half-caf or half decaf and half dark roast)
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk or 1 -2 tablespoon cream, to taste
- 0.5 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute (or equivalent in preferred sweetener)
- 1 pinch cinnamon or 1 pinch cocoa powder
- Fill a tall glass 2/3 full of ice.
- Add cream and Splenda.
- Dust ice with cinnamon or cocoa powder.
- Fill with coffee and stir well.