Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I clipped this from an Ortega ad in a magazine. I usually cook my chicken breasts in my George Foreman grill. You could also sub those pre cooked chicken tenders if you're pressed for time.
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottleortega thick and smooth taco sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cansortega diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3⁄4 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced riped olives, drained
- 1 (12 count) package taco shells, crumbled
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- sliced green onion
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl combine chicken cubes, taco sauce, onion, chilies, corn, rice, water and olives.
- Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine taco shell pieces and cheese.
- Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
This was really easy and the family liked it. My daughter has to eat gluten-free so this was a welcome addition to our recipe collection. I didn't have the taco shells, but did have white corn tortilla chips that i crushed. Also, I didn't have instant rice, so I just made regular rice and cooked it before adding it to the casserole. It only needed to bake about 25 to 30 minutes then.
Turned out great!! I halved it for just two of us. Will make again.
Thanks for this recipe!!! The only change I made was that I subbed Nacho Cheese Doritos for the crumbled taco shells.