Recipe by CaliforniaJan
A great Cooking LIght version of a sandwich classic! Use the delicious low-fat version of Jarlesburg cheese, and pair with a mug of soup for a perfect cool weather supper.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made for one very nice lunch. Due to the DS being allergic to orange juice, I used apple juice, which seemed not to affect the outcome one bit. Went real well with a bowl of soup. The sauce was real nice with this. A winner here ! Made for Holiday tag.
- 1⁄4 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2⁄3 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices cooked turkey breast, 1 oz each
- 4 slices cooked ham, 1 oz each
- 4 slices 50% -less-fat jarlsberg cheese, 1 oz each
- 8 slices white bread
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare sauce, combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring well with a whisk. Cook until jelly melts.
- To prepare sandwiches, combine egg substitute, milk, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Place one slice each of the turkey, ham, and cheese on each of 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices. Dip both sides of each sandwich into the egg substitute mixture. Place sandwiches in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until sandwiches are golden. Sandwiches can also be cooked in a pannini press.
- Sprinkle sandwiches with powdered sugar. Serve sandwiches with sauce.