Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love blueberry muffins for breakfast. These are perfect.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar (for top of muffins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer on low until mixture is fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, and mix until well blended.
- Sift together dry ingredients in medium bowl, and in seperate bowl mix together milk and vanilla. Alternating between the two add to buuter mixture.
- Mash 1/2 cup of blueberries and stir in with wooden spoon. Add rest of blueberries whole stirring in with wooden spoon.
- Grease muffin tins with butter, greasing the top surface of pan as well.
- Pile mix high in every muffin cup, then sprinkle sugar over tops.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then take out and cool in pan for additional 30 minutes.