Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Who can resist good ole monkey bread? Great breakfast. I use Bundt pan instead of a tube pan. You may have to adjust your cooking time.
- 3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag.
- Cut biscuits into quarters.
- Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix.
- Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan.
- If using nuts and raisins, arrange them in and among the biscuit pieces as you go along.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Pour over the biscuits.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 35 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate.
- Do not cut!
- The bread just pulls apart.
This bread is so great but had me really upset - it tastes just like the cinnamon rolls that take me hours to make from scratch!!! (these only took about 15 minutes to prep and 35 minutes to bake). And my kids loved pulling them apart into little rolls.
oops, I forgot to click the stars when I wrote a review.