Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Lois Dickerson in 1978 and have been making it ever since. We love it--actually I just made it 3 days ago.
- 4 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4-1 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans
- Heat ingredients and stir in pan till boiling.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and shake in bag with sugar and cinnamon.
- Arrange in a bundt pan that has been well buttered (I use butter spray).
- Pour dissolved mixture over top evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Be careful when you take it out of the oven,if you try to snitch some.
- IT IS VERY HOT!
I halved the recipe and baked in a 4x8 loaf pan, the proportion was perfect. I also used real butter in place of the oleo. Yum!
This is a great recipe. I took the suggestion of real butter and added 1 tsp. of pure vanilla. Thanks for the suggestion bhnash and henryclay. I added 1/2 c. of rasins. This is a keeper!UPDATE: 7-16-2010, We are still enjoying this recipe. Recipe has been requested by many. Thanks for posting.
Everyone raved about this...Great taste. I added 1 tsp of vanilla to the sauce.