Recipe by hokiegal
My Mom and I created this after being stationed in Japan and eating Yakisoba from the street vendors. This is not exactly the same-but a good substitute
Top Review by Lorac
Warning this could be addicting! DH and I just wanted something simple for dinner tonight and this was perfect. I doubled the recipe, added 1 lb of ground pork and saved some of the noodle cooking liquid to add a little extra flavor. I had visions of having leftovers for breakfast, - it's gone not a single noodle left.
- 1 package ramen noodles
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles in just enough water to cover, including seasoning packet.
- Saute cabbage and onions in 1 T cooking oil.
- when noodles are limp, drain and add to skillet with cabbage and onions with remaining oil.
- Stir to mix and fry noodles.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss to mix.
- Serve hot.
- Serves two.
- Can be doubled and can add leftover meat like steak, pork, or chicken to make a complete meal.