Bahmi Goreng (fried Noodles)
- Ready In:
- 11 ounces chinese noodles (mie)
- 11 ounces pork, minced
- 7 ounces sausages
- 2 ounces shrimp, peeled cooked
- 2 ounces ham
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 4 ounces endive
- celery, bunch
- chives, fresh
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, white
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the pack.
- Cut the onions and garlic into fine pieces.
- Make little balls of the minced pork and fry this together with the sausages in a wok or wide frying pan.
- Then add the cooked noodles and stir-fry.
- Now add all the vegetables, soy sauce, shrimp, ham, and spices, add salt and pepper to taste ans stir-fry till it is thoroughly hot.
- Serve on a plate.
- Add soy sauce, Sambal Oelek, or Sambal Manis to taste.
- Sambal Manis (dark hot condiment) is used more with these two than the soy based pork ones.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is similar to the one my Mom used to make. She also garnished it with the strips of omelette and fried onions. On the side she served Sambal Manis (like a salsa) or she put some Ketjap Manis on a saucer with some slices of hot peppers in it. She then sprinkled it on her noodles. She also used the sauce to dip sliced apples in it.