Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another one of mom's standards. I like to make this when fall starts to peak its head around the corner. It's a lot of food, though, so make sure you have a LARGE dutch oven available. This soup is tastier as leftovers, once the flavours have all melded together overnight!
- 4 -5 beef short ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (18 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 head shredded green cabbage
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato soup
- beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked fusilli
- Bring beef and onion to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Turn down to medium low and cook for three hours, checking to add water if needed (enough to cover the meat).
- Take out beef and allow to cool. Bring the stock up to a boil again, and add bouillon to taste. Add veggies and tomatoes/tomato soup. Return beef to soup and add cabbage. Once at a steady boil, turn down to low and cook an additional 3 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, add pasta.
I'm maked this in my crockpot. I needed to use some red cabbage I had left over from another recipe. I've never seen tomatoes or soup in that size of a cans before. So I used regular sizes, 14.5 ounces of tomatoes and 10.5 ounces of soup. The red cabbage gave the pasta a little red tint. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game