Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the dressing my mom made every Thanksgiving. It's tasty and simple.
- 1 loaf bread, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 -2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onions and celery and cook until tender.
- Place bread in a large bowl and add onion mixture. Use your hands to mix well. The ingredients should hold together in a ball.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff in turkey and bake as directed.
- Double recipe for a larger bird.