Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Great American Recipes.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Scrub unpeeled potatoes well. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Then cut into even wedges.
- Boil potato wedges for 5 minutes in salted water. Drain. Pat dry.
- Spread potato wedges in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with oil, spices and herbs.
- Bake at 425F for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 425F to 450F for another 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and cheeses are melted.
- Serve as a snack or with pork chops, chicken, meat loaf or hamburgers.
- Tips: If the potato skins are too hard and old, peel the potatoes before cooking. Otherwise, whenever possible, try to eat the skins. They provide valuable nutrients.
Easy and delicious! I was pondering the 5 minutes of cook time in boiling water prior to baking, but it seemed to work really well. Loved the seasoning combo. I will make these again. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*