Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4-1 cup breadcrumbs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups veal stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a roasting pan with the butter.
- In a mixing bowl, add beef, pork, onions, peppers, garlic, eggs, cream, and bread crumbs.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and place on the prepared pan.
- Pour the stock over the top and place in the oven.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Using a long spatula, remove the meat loaf from the pan.
- Place the roasting pan on the stove, over high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour with 2 tablespoons water.
- Whisk the slurry into the gravy.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and cook for few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season the gravy with salt and pepper.
- Slice the meatloaf in to 8 pieces.
- Serve two slices of meat loaf per person with a spoonful of gravy.